What is IELTS One Skill Retake, and how does it work?
IELTS One Skill Retake is a new feature designed to help you get your desired test score without retaking the full test. If you want to improve your score on one test skill, you can retake any of the four IELTS skills – Listening, Reading, Writing, or Speaking.
IELTS One Skill Retake will be available worldwide in selected British Council test locations from late 2023.
Benefits of taking IELTS One Skill Retake
- Focus on one skill: If you didn’t do your best in the first test, One Skills Retake gives you a second chance to show your English level and improve your score in one section without having to retake the full test. Save time and money by only doing the part of the test related to one skill rather than testing all four skills again.
- Take a test, you know: IELTS One Skill Retake follows the same format and timing as the regular IELTS test. This means you will already be familiar with the test. You don’t need to worry about preparing for a new exam and learning different task types.
- Receive a new Test Report Form: You will receive a new IELTS Test Report Form with your IELTS One Skill Retake score. It also includes the scores from your original test and an overall CEFR score. Your results will be valid for two years from the original test date, which you can find on your Test Report Form.
- Your original test scores will remain the same: There will be no change to your other scores from your original test. And once you’ve received your results, if you would prefer to use your original score, you can.
Conditions to book IELTS One Skill Retake
- You can book the test if you’ve recently completed a full IELTS on computer test.
- You must also have received your results from a test centre that offers IELTS One Skill Retake.
- You can only retake one skill once per original test, and you must sit the One Skill Retake within 60 days of your original test.