Book your IELTS test
Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today. When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee: Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test our official test centre, British Language Training Centre, on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic - in centre on paper||EUR 243||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic - in centre on computer||EUR 243||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training - in centre on paper||EUR 243||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training - in centre on computer||EUR 243||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||EUR 263||Find a test date|
|IELTS General training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||EUR 263||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||EUR 165||Find a test date|
What you need to book
- A valid identification document. When you register, you’ll need to upload a scan of your ID. It must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
- A bank card. You can pay through our online booking system or offline through bank transfer.
How to book through bank transfer
- Include your correct email address to enable you to receive key information about your test.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer.
IBAN: BE04 5706 2570 5531,
In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt (if applicable) with the rest of your registration documents to email@example.com
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS WordReady.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.