Enter our Stronger Together for a Better World Competition
As part of the EU/UK Stronger Together programme, we are launching a Stronger Together for a Better World Competition to highlight the potential for co-operation between young people in the UK and EU.
We invite young people aged 18–30 to creatively express the concept of ‘Togetherness’ and the added value of collaboration on the topics of peace, democracy, equality, solidarity and sustainable development between youth in the UK and the EU. Create a piece of work of your choice – a photo, video, podcast, article, installation, painting etc. – and join our community of young people across the EU and the UK!
A jury panel consisting of representatives from the British Council, the European Movement International and the European Commission will select 16 entries that will feature in an exhibition planned to take place in London in May 2024. Winners of the competition will be invited to the final event in London in November 2024.
Entries will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The message and how clearly it is communicated.
- The innovation of the idea and the delivery.
- The promotion of the value of co-operation between the EU and the UK.
The competition opens on 25 October 2023 and closes on 10 February 2024.
How to take part
- Create a piece of content of your choice – see examples above.
- Fill in the entry form.
- Review and accept the competition rules by clicking on the Accept button on the form. The competition rules are available in the ‘Downloads’ section below.
- Click on the Submit button when you have completed the form.
- Submit your entry/photo of your piece of work via email to StrongerTogetherYouth@britishcouncil.org. Please write Competition entry in the subject line of your email, and your name and surname in the body of the text. The deadline for submissions of entries is 10 February 2024 (23.59 UK time).
Please note: If the file exceeds 10MB, upload it to a file-sharing platform (e.g. DropBox, WeTransfer, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.) and then send the link to the email address above.
You can also upload your entry on social media using the hashtag #StrongerTogetherYouth to create some buzz around it!
We look forward to receiving your entries and seeing your vision of co-operation for EU/UK youth!
About Stronger Together for a Better World
We work with young activists aged 18–30 from across the UK and EU through community workshops, joint events and training so as to promote shared fundamental values and give prominence to the role of youth in bringing about positive change, social cohesion and peace.
- community workshops for young people in Ireland and Northern Ireland to design community-led public space interventions
- a competition involving podcasting, photography, video making, article writing and visual creation to show what young people from the EU and the UK can achieve together.