Get up to £10,000 to Expand Your Horizon
We want to ultimately encourage young people to study abroad as part of their tertiary studies in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages. That is why ISIC Association, StudyPortals and British Council IELTS are launching The Global Study Awards. The Global Study Awards recognises studying abroad as a positively life changing experience for many students, opening their minds to alternative ways of personal life and professional career, as well as promoting intercultural understanding and tolerance.
There are six Global Study Awards in total:
- Up to four awards will be granted in the first round for the Autumn 2017 intake (studies starting between 01 August - 31 October 2017). Application is now closed.
- Up to two awards will be granted in the second round for the Spring 2018 intake (studies starting between 01 January - 31 March 2018). Application deadline is 30 September 2017
A selection panel comprised of representatives from the partners will review and assess the entries. Strong candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an in person interview prior to the final winning selection. The winners will be announced within 3 months after the application deadline. The time span of the Awards allows for consideration.
Who Are We Looking For?
The Global Study Awards is designed to support highly motivated, talented individuals who can actively demonstrate:
- their potential to contribute to society through their studies;
- a strong commitment to developing their career;
- their sincere interest in increasing intercultural understanding and exchange.
Successful candidates will be willing to engage with the British Council IELTS, ISIC and StudyPortals communities, and publicly share their experiences with other students. The Global Study Awards will be available to prospective students in all countries worldwide. The Global Study Awards will enable the successful candidate(s) to study abroad, on any chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a higher education institution. The Global Study Awards cannot be used by a successful candidate to study domestically.